The Best Things in Life Are Free: Finding & Keeping Nonprofit Volunteers
As a nonprofit, you rely on volunteers to help with things like stuffing envelopes, painting fences, delivering meals, and even providing comfort and connection in times of need. But where do you find those reliable volunteers? And once you find them, how do you keep them motivated?
Join United Way of Addison County for the first Learn United of 2023 as they welcome a panel of local nonprofit volunteer coordinators to ask these questions and more:
- How to create a reliable volunteer-driven program
- Designing an effective training program for volunteers
- Handling volunteers who aren’t a good match for your organization
- Youth volunteering opportunities and how to recruit “the next generation” of volunteers
- How COVID has changed volunteering
Amy Hoekstra, UWAC's Volunteer & Donor Engagement Coordinator, will lead a discussion among panelists from five fabulous Addison County nonprofits: Womensafe, Addison County Home Health & Hospice, Age Well, Porter Medical Center, and Lake Champlain Maritime Museum.