Sparrow Art Supply Seeks Junior Shop Assistant
Sparrow Art Supply is seeking a part-time Junior Shop Assistant to join our retail team. The ideal candidate is passionate, friendly, and dependable with a creative background. This person should have previous experience making art and be eager to learn about all types of art mediums. This person should be enthusiastic about assisting customers and promoting all the shop has to offer, from art materials to artwork in the gallery to upcoming workshops. This person should also be comfortable with posting to social media.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet every customer who enters the store
- Answer questions and assist customers to find what they're looking for
- Share information about the current gallery show
- Promote upcoming workshops and gallery opportunities
- Tidy inventory and displays throughout the day to maintain organization and shop appearance
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Post periodic promotions on Instagram
- Complete customer sales using our Square register
- Receive deliveries and restock shelves
- Report customer inquiries, foot traffic, and daily activity to store owner
- Assist with hanging gallery shows.
Qualifications and Skills
- Retail or Customer Service experience desirable but not required
- Background in creating art
- Enthusiastic about making art
- Friendly and comfortable with small talk
- Able to retain technical information about products
- Dependable - we are a small team!
- Familiar with technology and social media
- Eager and willing to learn
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Must be able to lift 50lb on occasion
- High School diploma
We are looking for someone to work 8-16 hours a week, with flexibility to cover additional shifts when needed. Saturday availability is a must. Can be seasonal for the holidays or permanent position. Hourly pay between $15-$17 an hour commensurate upon experience. 30% discount on supplies at the shop. And $300 reimbursement towards taking an art class per year starting after 30 days of employment.
Limited experience? We will train the right eager and willing candidate. This could be a great opportunity for a newly graduated high school student or college student.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role to email@example.com, and indicate the position you are applying for. We welcome supplemental art portfolio materials alongside applications. This can be a link to a website, a dedicated art social media account, or images attached to your application. This role can be seasonal through the middle of January or considered for a permanent position.