Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador for Hard Cidery and Orchard Products
- Company: Champlain Orchards
Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador
for Hard Cidery and Orchard Products
Director of Cider Making, Director of Sales
Full Time. Flexible scheduling is essential.
The Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador for Hard Cidery and Orchard Products works semi-autonomously to develop new accounts and maintain current accounts in Vermont and Northeastern markets, with a focus on increasing product placements and brand visibility in key market segments.
- Spearhead hard cidery and orchard sales by product line and sales channel.
- Call on existing and target accounts in Vermont.
- Develop new territories in Northeastern markets.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on marketing support, including pricing, programming, and point-of-sale materials, and on special events and promotions.
- Work with orchard staff and distributor sales teams to monitor and meet sales targets.
- Audit retail stores and on-premise placements, identify trends, and initiate corrective action.
- Provide the orchard with the voice of the customer, monitor competitors’ activities, and proactively identify opportunities.
- Represent the orchard at special events for trade groups and consumers.
- Maintain professional network and knowledge of products and market place changes.
- Report weekly to Supervisors, Directors, and Owners.
- Must have “sales blood” in the veins.
- Knowledge of craft hard cider and alcohol industry required. Familiarity with apples and orchard products preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years related sales experience.
- Available and interest in significant travel.
- Passion for local food movements and sustainable agriculture.
- Strong Vermont and Northeastern account relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Must have time and stress management abilities.
- Character qualities of being honest, trustworthy, respectful, and have sound work ethics.
- A valid driver’s license and a registered and insured vehicle.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply please send a letter of interest, resume, and three reference contacts to: