OMYA - Reliability Engineer
Omya is a leading global producer of industrial minerals – mainly fillers and pigments derived from calcium carbonate and dolomite – and a worldwide distributor of specialty chemicals. Our Florence, Vermont, plant is seeking a Reliability Engineer to originate and develop analysis methods for determining reliability of equipment and processes. Must collaborate and facilitate coordination of needs between maintenance, production and engineering in support of reliability.
Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of equipment and processes. Must collaborate and facilitate coordination of needs between maintenance, production and engineering in support of reliability.
- Works with area managers, production manager, maintenance manager to perform reliability studies, calculations for equipment and systems.
- Provides in-house consulting of project work to advise and council technicians and engineers on processes/procedures and design. These are supported by calculations and data to ensure cost effective decisions that achieve better equipment reliability.
- Performs root cause failure analysis to help prevent failures. Leads design and facilitates with all departments FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis).
- Designs and develops new methods and procedures for minimizing downtime during repair of equipment. Examines innovative test procedures, special analysis of failure techniques; communicates these concepts via technical reports/documents to applicable personnel.
- Collaborates with company engineers and manages contractors and consultants on various project work to ensure project objectives are sustained.
- Must ensure safe work practices and safety processes are included in project design and installation.
- Solicit and gather input from technicians during the design phase of a project to ensure their needs are woven into the development of new designs and processes.
- Maintain engineering and quality documentation and organize files to ensure file history and ease of usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate profile requirements
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, as well as, a minimum of three - five years' experience in Engineering field.
Experience in the field of reliability engineering, root cause analysis, FMEA. Experience in project engineering and process design.
Must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship not available for this position.
Florence, VT, USA