National Bank of Middlebury: Commercial Lender
As Vermont’s oldest community bank, we have utilized the strengths and talents of our lending team to provide professional, holistic customer experiences and build lasting relationships with small and large businesses since 1831!
Set your sites on becoming a member of our experienced team of commercial lending professionals. We are headquartered in the heart of Addison County, but our vision is to meet the needs of businesses throughout Vermont.
We are prepared to partner with the right candidate and mentor you along the commercial lending path by offering growth opportunities and intellectually challenging experiences.
The successful candidate will help us serve our core and expanding markets. You will be assigned an existing portfolio of relationships and will also work to expand that portfolio through business development activities.
What we want you to bring to us:
· Recent commercial credit training
· A love of Vermont communities, entrepreneurs and the vitality local businesses bring to our state
· An appreciation of and desire to be part of a real Vermont community bank
Benefits include: flexible work location for eligible employees, health/dental/life insurance options, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off, and more!
FDIC EOE Equal Housing Lender
- Relationship building skills
- Consultative sales and referral skills
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Understanding of loan compliance
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Creative problem solving skills
Necessary education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management or related education/experience
- Three years of banking experience
- One year of commercial credit experience
- Experience with commercial lending, analyzing financial statements, and outside sales
- Working knowledge of SBA, VEDA, USDA-RD and/or other alternative financing options
Salary dependent upon relevant experience