Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the senior leadership team with a strong background in financial reporting, budgeting, business strategy and forecasting, planning and analysis. The CFO plays a key role developing and executing overall business strategy and works collaboratively with all departments to monitor and track success along growth objectives. This is an exciting and dynamic time to join the team as we continue to grow and innovate in all areas of the business.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the overall financial activities of the company; lead corporate finance, cash management, tax strategy and regulatory compliance and planning, accounting reporting, planning and analytics, budgeting, forecasting, credit, AR/AP and payroll.
- Lead corporate budget process, including the development of departmental budgets, analysis of profitability improvement opportunities, and identification of efficiencies.
- Build and maintain multi-year financial plans directly tied to strategic initiatives, including cash flow forecasts inclusive of growth objectives and debt obligations.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management including capital expenditures and return analysis justifying capital expenditures. Monitor and advise on trends that influence inventory planning and capital outlay.
- Oversee administration of the company’s financial reporting and compliance to GAAP principles. Produce monthly and annual financial reports for both internal and external reporting, including all reporting for the Board of Directors.
- Direct the preparation of tax returns and related tax documents, year-end tax audits, and related matters. Ensure regulatory compliance for sales tax nexus obligations in all markets.
- Lead and coach the accounting team to be able to independently solve issues with sound business judgment and increase their levels of productivity and responsibility.
- Oversee administration of the company’s cost accounting system, to ensure the integrity of standard cost and the accuracy of inventory valuation. Participate in pricing decisions and strategies; provide information affecting product pricing and profitability.
- Represent the company to and deal regularly with a variety of outside firms, organizations, and individuals, including banks and other financial institutions, auditors, attorneys, consultants, insurance carriers, and government agencies.
This role requires a unique executive that can operate as a strategic leader for the company and liaison to the private equity owners, while also embracing the small company environment. It’s critical that the person possess a willingness to roll up their sleeves and promote a “do whatever it takes” approach to serving customers and preserving a values-driven B-Corp company culture. The ideal candidate will bring a mosaic of financial and operational experiences to bear towards achieving our environmental mission and financial objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting required and ten (10) plus years of progressive related experience. MBA preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of supervisory experience required.
- Possess exceptional knowledge of GAAP, IRC, FASB, accrual-based accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility across the firm with all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic abilities, particularly in scaling a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maturity while maintaining confidentiality as required.
- Exceptional analytical competence and knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Self-reliant, detail-oriented, proactive, and capable of effectively managing multiple tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and develop positive relationships with both internal and external colleagues and clients.
- Experience with ERP system, such as NetSuite, preferred.
- Ability to remain effective and patient under pressure.
- Must be able to collaborate and function in a fast-paced team-oriented workplace.
- Prior Private Equity backed company experience preferred
Office located in Middlebury, Vermont, adjacent to the production facility.
Bee’s Wrap is committed to providing a well-rounded benefits package for the well-being and enrichment of employees and their family members. Benefits for full time employees include paid holidays, combined time off, generous contributions toward insurance, and 401(K) matching (after 1 year), just to name a few.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bee’s Wrap is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, crime victim status, age, or disability (or any other classification protected by law).