Champlain Orchards - Diesel Mechanic
3 days ago
The Head Diesel Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all Orchard equipment and machinery and for meeting established safety standards and for the supervision of staff in the department.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of operating all equipment and machinery including tools and machinery needed to make related repairs or routine maintenance.
- Must implement and log preventative maintenance programs for all equipment.
- Must be capable of diagnosing and making informed repairs and/or maintenance of but not limited to: engines, tractors, hydraulics, electronics, tools or equipment (i.e. blowers, weed eaters, chain saws, etc.)
- Insures safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA guidelines and proper operating usage of equipment as defined in related owner’s manual specifications.
- Must train team members for proper use of equipment & machinery.
- Implements methods and procedures designed to minimize operational costs and maximize resources to insure the proper working order and longevity of each piece of equipment.
- Ensures timely completion of repairs and preventative maintenance to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Ensures the daily morning set up of all equipment is carried out
- Communicates daily with the Facility Manager and Orchard Director regarding the status and condition of all equipment.
- Must be able to make fabrications or alterations to new or existing equipment to ensure proper working order and efficiency.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of parts and supplies including fuel and oil levels.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- On call to ensure proper working order of all equipment.
- A degree in diesel service technology is preferred; high school diploma at a minimum
- Certification from ASE (American Service Excellence) or other recognized body
- Thorough understanding and ability to operate all pieces of Orchard/Farm equipment.
- Thorough understanding for mechanical operations of engines, electrical systems and hydraulics.
- A good understanding of irrigation systems and components related to best practices in consideration of agronomics.
- At least 5 years’ experience in diesel mechanics
- Ability to follow company policy/procedures, complying with all administrative responsibilities and provide leadership to mechanics.
- In addition to being an excellent mechanic, the individual should understand engines and mechanical systems and exhibit good judgment, good oral and written communication skills, and strong leadership abilities.
- The individual shall possess the character qualities of being honest, trustworthy, respectful, and have sound work ethics.
All Champlain Orchards Employees working 30+ hours/week are eligible for the following benefits:
Long & Short-Term Disability
Accident Insurance (on & off job)
Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
Vacation time + 4 Paid Holidays
$275/month towards our health insurance plan
Please submit a Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 references to: email@example.com
3597 Route 74 West
Shoreham, VT 05770
Shoreham, VT 05770