ACEDC Announces New Board Member and Officers
MIDDLEBURY, VT – At the Annual Meeting of the Addison County Economic Development Corporation on November 8, 2019, the membership elected Christopher Wilson, Senior Director at Collins Aerospace to serve on the Board of Trustees. Wilson replaces Mark Bellinger, who served as a board member for seven years.
Wilson has worked at what is now Collins Aerospace since starting as a Lead Mechanical Engineer in 1998. He is now Senior Director for engineering teams at both Simmonds Precision and Atlantic Inertial Systems divisions of Collins Aerospace. “I am pleased to give back to the community and represent the region’s largest private employer by serving on ACEDC’s Board, said Wilson. I look forward to helping direct the important work of ACEDC in the County.”
Wilson was welcomed at the January 16 Board meeting where the following Executive team for the 2020-2021 term was elected:
• Sarah Morris, Basin Harbor, President
• John Kiernan, Otter Creek Engineering, Vice President
• Matthew Curran, Middlebury College, Treasurer
• Stephanie Pope, Iroquois Acres Farm/Agrimark, Secretary
• Marie Jewett, At-Large
Continuing to serve on the ACEDC Board are the following:
• David Austin, City of Vergennes
• Valarie Capels, Town of Bristol
• Caroline Carpenter, National Bank of Middlebury
• David Estes, Peoples United Bank
• Robert Feuerstein, Addison County Chamber, and Regional Planning Commission
• Jeff Olson, Town of Middlebury
• Bill Townsend, JP Carrara &Sons/Vermont Industrial Parks
“ACEDC has come a long way in its 25-year history,” stated incoming President Sarah Morris. “We have a talented team working hard to advance economic and community development in Addison County. We are looking forward to a strong year ahead, working with our local partners to grow entrepreneurs and help businesses excel in Addison County."
For further information about ACEDC, go to https://addisoncountyedc.org/.