2017 VT Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence. The annual award honors the actions taken by Vermonters to conserve and protect natural resources, prevent pollution and promote sustainability.
Applications are encouraged from:
- Business, industry and trade or professional organizations
- Environmental, community and non-profit organizations
- Individual citizens
- Institutions (such as schools, hospitals and municipalities)
- Teachers and students
- Public agencies
Organizations are encouraged to nominate themselves for an award.
Types of projects that qualify include:
- Innovative energy conservation projects that measurably reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Pollution prevention projects that reduce or eliminate the generation of pollutants and waste at the source, including toxics use reduction efforts
- Projects that conserve resources and protect the environment by minimizing resource consumption through reduced use, reuse, and recycling
- Projects that improve stewardship of Vermont's natural resources (e.g., forest land, watershed management, wildlife habitat, air resources, and high quality recreational lands)
- Innovative projects that inform and educate Vermonters about environmentally responsible practices leading to behavior change that enhances environmental quality
- Ecosystem and/or habitat restoration projects
- Projects that enhance the quality of water
- Innovative land use management and planning projects that create ecological and environmental benefits
- Projects that focus on flood resiliency
Applications must be received no later than Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 4:30pm.